Selon "Manfredi, Albert E" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I'm not sure what different the intermediate routers would have to do,
> if anything.

Nothing. But policy boxes and firewalls would be slower because of the IHL
difference.

> It's a way of tackling the
> address space problem without depending on a new version of IP or even
> on a new address format.

It DOES depend on a new addres format. You'd not only have to define a way to
write host A behind NAT B, but you have to use a new sockaddr addresses
family so that this actually become usable in any application willing to
leverage this function. And you need a new DNS record type.

Besides it's obviously broken if you have more than one level of NAT because
sockaddr and DNS records would have a fixed length, so you couldn't put this
IP option multiple times.

And, it would cause a bunch of fragmentation headaches on the NAT box to
insert the IP option.

--
Remi Denis-Courmont
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/