Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
On 24-jul-2006, at 23:40, Templin, Fred L wrote:

DHCPv6 isn't needed today, and the RDNS option makes sure it's
not needed in the future where there is no IPv4 RDNS server
configured, either.

I may be missing something and/or getting this out of context, but
it seems to me that DHCPv6 prefix delegation (RFC3633) will be one
of the more important features of IPv6 going forward.

Prefix delegation is a feature used by routers, not by hosts.

Indeed, but then there are routers that act as hosts too.  I.e. a Mobile
Router acts as a host when auto-configuring an address on its egress
interface.  And it would be _very_ interesting for the Mobile Router to
auto-configure not only an address for itself but obtain a whole prefix
to be used by nodes in its moving network.

Alex