Francis,

I am not sure I understand your argument that the issue of sending periodic
RAs should be handled at the link-layer.
If the network layer is going to send the periodic RA, how do you expect the
link layer to deal with it? This would break the behavior.

On 8/8/06 4:02 PM, "ext Francis Dupont" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  In your previous mail you wrote:
>
>    Are you also proposing that cellular-type protocols, such as 802.16 should
>    disable their power saving narrowband signaling channels and be forced to
>    work like 802.11?
>
> => no, I've said the space where to find a solution is the dormant
> mode of the link layer, not the network layer. And about my idea
> it is based on the fact the dormant node doesn't need to know what
> happens until it wakes up.

So if a host expects a periodic RA every 1800 secs, how do you solve the
problem? You are saying that the dormant node does not need to know anything
until it wakes up, right? But it is only the radio part of the host that is
dormant... So you need to deal with such a situation. Your proposal is very
vague and I am not sure if it applies.

-Raj