> Well, the intention is to use RS/RA for PD but use icmp type/code for
> any error messaging for the PD process between the requesters and
> delegators.

OK, I see now. When Tim first contacted me he came across with
a certain sense of naivety that doesn't seem to be supported
by his interactions here, and he led me to believe that he was
talking about new ICMP messages for prefix delegation. Then
later, when I suggested to Tim that RS/RA could be used for
the PD, he told me that yes in fact that was what he would
be proposing and he ended the discussion with what I could
only describe as a certain sense of self-righteousness.

Now we come to find out that its *both* RS/RA *and* two new
ICMP messages. That's a lot of messages, and it might lead one
to ask that if there needs to be two new ICMP messages why not
use them for the prefix delegation too and avoid overloading
RS/RA and tweaking specs? (But then I guess the proposal
wouldn't be any much different than those that were offered
several years ago?)

Fred
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Matthew 7:5