>From: Jari Arkko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2006/08/25 Fri AM 01:11:55 CDT
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: Prefix Delegation using ICMPv6

>Tim,
>
>Its probably best if you now update your draft with a better description
>of what scenario you are looking at, details about the customers
>requirements, justification of why new work is needed, and an analysis
>of why existing solutions are inappropriate or undesirable in your
>scenario.

Hi Jari, you're absolutely right. Even now we're in the process of considering
how to better describe and provide detail for all the things you mention above.

>This has already been a long discussion but in my >opinion it has not been all
>that informative yet with >regards to these issues. Also, at least I
>personally >want to know what problem >we are solving before spending a lot of
>effort in analysing a solution --

Understood. In future revisions for example we hope to better illustrate
customer requirements that exist for which our proposed ICMPv6 PD mechanism
would be  either a better or the only solution.

Any technical feedback would however also be very helpful as we revise.

>we know there is an infinite number of ways to design a protocol
>but the real question is whether it solves a problem.
>
>Looking forward to your new draft.
>
>--Jari

Tim
Rom 8:28