> I wasn't assuming this.
 >
 > NUD checks the traffic channel in both directions. That's OK.
 > But after the NUD procedure, the host enters dormant mode and
 > becomes reachable via another channel: the paging channel that
 > wasn't tested.
 >
 > Consequently, the following scenario is possible:
 >
 > 1. Host performs NUD. Result is OK.
 > 2. Host enters dormant mode.
 > 3. There is an incoming call, but the paging channel is down.
 > 4. The host can't be reached.
 >
 > NUD reported good reachability, but the host missed the call.
 > Because NUD didn't test the paging channel (it can't).

=> As you say above, "it can't (test the paging channel)". I don't think
it's the responsibility of the IP layer to test signalling channels
really. The paging channel is not a different physical medium and its
failure (given the reachability on traffic channels) is not due to
physical unreachability. Therefore, IMHO it is the responsibility of the
link layer to work this out.

Hesham