> Thanks. But I still believe that a host should be able to test
 > if it is reachable in dormant mode (reachable, or reachable within
 > reasonable delay). This is good for dormant mode security.

=> I'm not sure that you appreciate the fact that these are *logical*
channels, where *logical* means that they're essentially different slots
on the same frequency (e.g. in FDD systems). What you're suggesting is
equivalent to saying that you want to test whether a particular field in
a frame can be set to a specific value. It seems very strange to me in
the context of reachability detection.

Hesham