Hi Folks,
Thanks a lot for the comments. I don't see myself ever requesting a new extension header and I would use Options instead, but since someone has the option to request one, we need to tighten up the spec. I would be just as happy if a new document or RFC2460bis (if any) would explicitly state that no new extension headers would be added or even strongly cautions against using extension headers. The way I see it, RFC2460 mentions that we can use either extension headers or options, but without mentioning the issues with adding new extension headers.

Thanks
Suresh