On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Durand, Alain wrote:
<snip>
Site local were deprecated because they were re-creating overlapping
address space a la RFC1918. This was considered a bad property
for multi-party applications that couldn't tell if they could
forward them as reference or not.

Some people believed that some kind of 'private addresses' were still
needed and thus needed something to replace site local. They invented
ULA. ULA fixed the (overlapping) addressing issue but did not fix the
routability
issue as has now been demonstrated in multiple post. We are essentially
back to where we were a couple years ago, this time not at the
application
level but at the router level, it is hard to know if those
(local/private)
addresses should be passed to the next hop or not.

I'm of the opinion that the added operational complexity to define sites
and partial inter-site routing overcome the benefit of ULA
especially when PI space is available from RIRs and accomplish
the same thing at no extra cost.

... and then, what is the point with ULA-C? Regular ULA are free for everyone to use. And for those that need unique address space you have "PI"... or UA, Unique Address, as Paul Vixie explained in another post in a RIPE mailinglist.

However, I do respect people who have a different opinion and
once again I repeat my call/plea for an open meeting of the IPv6 wg
at next IETF to articulate those issue and decide if the wg should
or not continue on the path of defining those ULA-c despite
the (very) negative feedback from the operational community.

Forget ULA-C... If we are moving forward with "PI" as explained elsewhere worldwide, we have no use for ULA-C.