Here is a quote from an expirted I-D:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipv6-ula-central-01

   The major difference between the locally assigned Unique local
   addresses defined in [ULA] and the centrally assigned local addresses
   defined in this document is that they are uniquely assigned and the
   assignments can be escrowed to resolve any disputes regarding
   duplicate assignments.

   It is expected that large managed sites will prefer central
   assignments and small or disconnected sites will prefer local
   assignments.  It is recommended that sites planning to use Local IPv6
   addresses for extensive inter-site communication, initially or as a
   future possibility, use a centrally assigned prefix as there is no
   possibility of assignment conflicts.  Sites are free to choose either
   approach

The second paragraph is what I'd be most interested in. Not for the
reason cited, but because if I want to configure multiple "sites"
exactly the same, that would seem to be the most direct approach.

I suppose I could also do the standard ULA for one site, then copy those
addresses in the others. Isn't that exactly the same as centrally
administered ULAs?

Bert