On 6/15/07, james woodyatt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For my part, I'd rather not try to answer this question.  If pressed,
I would say that such a device ought not try to be a filter at all.
If that's not possible, then the device should permit all routing
headers.  More damage will be done by blocking all routing headers
than by passing routing headers with type zero through obsolescent
middleboxes.

please keep in mind that often there is a cost associated with
handling the RH headers, they must be processed by something 'smart'
in the 'middlebox' (today atleast). Having an option to simply ignore
RH headers (all extension headers maybe?) instead of processing them
seems very nice indeed. Simply throwing away traffic willy-nilly seems
to be a problem, to me atleast.

-Chris