No words in 2462bis or 2462ter or anywhere can change
that. I think your proposal is a no-op.

    Brian

On 2007-06-22 15:05, Hemant Singh (shemant) wrote:
Hi Tatuya,

Thanks for the quick review of section 5 in our new I-D.  Your reading
of section 5 is correct - we have proposed both new and old
implementations to always perform DAD for any unicast address. You are
also correct that the gross change we have proposed over 2462bis is that
old implementations MUST also not skip DAD. We stress about old
implementations because if older implementations that are already
deployed continue to be deployed for say, the next 5-10 years, that's
not good. A software upgrade to older implementation is certainly
possible.

We have given a solid reason for our case - it's presented in Section 2,
bullet 4 of our I-D. Please see if our reasoning is solid enough to
convince IETF.

Thanks.

Hemant