Brian E Carpenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Scott Leibrand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > I would support Paul's proposed changes below, and the resulting draft.
>
> I wouldn't, at this time.  We need to see where the RAM/RRG discussions
> lead.  If they lead to a clear need for registered globally unique
> identifiers in IPv6 address format, something like this might be right
> (unless we also need a cryptographic property).

where are those discussions being held, and can you post a summary, and why
are we wasting our keystrokes discussing this if there's a preclusive topic
being discussed somewhere entirely else?

> I have a strong feeling there is no consensus forming...

i disagree, i've been immersed in this for a month now, and my draft edits
as proposed last night represent my understanding of a potential consensus,
which unlike you i can feel forming.