Very late to this party, but:

On 27-Jun-2007, at 09:11, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

We can argue about the meaning of "intrinsically" I guess. But what I mean
is that they are /48s and I don't expect to see /48s routed globally.
Architecturally, they are certainly routeable (and so are /128s).
But I am sure they will be filtered.

I hope they won't all be filtered, since there are a non-trivial number of infrastructure services in the DNS which are deployed using /48s assigned directly from RIRs under policies designed to facilitate critical infrastructure.

I realise that you were talking in far more general terms than this, but every time I see someone make blanket statements about "/48s" and their presence in the DFZ it makes me twitch. Not all /48s are components of larger assignments or allocations.

Joe