i took a copy of ula-central-02 and modded it with my current thinking and
submitted it as a new draft.  i did three things wrong, first i didn't ask
the authors of central-02 if they wanted to be listed as authors of global-01
(but i didn't remove their names since a lot of the text was written by them).
second, i missed the cutoff for new drafts by a day.  third, i called it -01
rather than -00 even though its a new document not just a new revision (but
note, if the other guys want to take this idea into central-03 i'd abandon
global-01 in a heartbeat.)

anyway it's at <http://sa.vix.com/~vixie/ula-global.txt> and comments are
welcome here on ipv6@ even though i guess we won't be discussing it in
chicago since i'm a day late.

re:

--- Begin Message ---
Greetings:

This message is being sent to acknowledge receipt of your Internet-Draft
submission or message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that the
pre-meeting cutoff date for new documents (i.e., version -00
Internet-Drafts) was Monday, July 2 at 9:00 AM ET.
Your submission was received after this time.  The Internet-Drafts
administrator will examine your submission, and the posting decision
will be made as follows:

* If you submitted a version -00 Internet-Draft before the cutoff
  deadline, then your document will be posted on the Internet-Drafts
  page of the IETF Web site as soon as possible, and an I-D Action
  message will be sent to the I-D Announce List.  If your document was
  submitted before the cutoff deadline, but was rejected due to
  boilerplate or format issues, then the Internet-Drafts administrator
  will work with you to attempt to resolve these issues and post the
  document in time for the meeting.

* If you submitted a version -00 Internet-Draft after the cutoff
  deadline, then your document will NOT be processed until on or after
  Monday, July 23 at 9:00 AM ET, when Internet-Draft
  posting resumes.

* If you submitted a version -01 or higher Internet-Draft, then your
  document will be posted on the Internet-Drafts page of the IETF Web
  site as soon as possible, and an I-D Action message will be sent to
  the I-D Announce List.

As you may be aware, the pre-meeting cutoff date for updated submissions
is Monday, July 9 at 9:00 AM ET.  Since the
Secretariat receives a large number of Internet-Drafts in the week
preceding the cutoff date for updated submissions, your document may
not be processed and announced for a number of days.  Our goal is to
process and announce all valid pre-meeting Internet-Draft submissions
by Friday, July 13 at the latest.
If you need to track the status of your Internet-Draft submission, then
please send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (using the suggested subject
line Status of I-D Submission: <filename>) and reference this
auto-response acknowledgement in the body.

Please note that all Internet-Drafts offered for publication as RFCs
must conform to the requirements specified in the ID-Checklist
(http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html) or they will be returned to the
author(s) for revision.  Therefore, the IETF Secretariat strongly
recommends that you address all of the issues raised in this document
before submitting a request to publish your Internet-Draft to the IESG.

The IETF Secretariat

--- End Message ---