Hemant Singh (shemant) wrote:
> Suresh,
>
> Yes, sorry, I had a typo wrt 2461 vs 2462. Thanks so much for providing
> the para. Now I have a separate question to you folks.
>
> What IPv6 network has an interface receiving an NA where the target
> address in the NA matched an assigned address on the receiving interface
> given the fact the address that matched is not tentative?

This is a convoluted scenario but it can happen when a previously routed
network flattens out and merges into a swiched/bridged fabric.

We've had this happen in our lab when testing different DAD features.

>From my personal perspective, some kind of warning should be signaled.
The NAs can be safely discarded though (just not silently).  At this point
in time completely disabling the network is too severe.

-vlad