Thus spake "Roger Jorgensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(we are looking at something between 500 and upto 10 000 or
more unique ULA-C/G blocks for or network and use)

That's going to get expensive, no matter how little the central authority charges. Well, unless the central authority does bulk discounts, but I see no reason they would since there's no economy of scale in issuing thousands of prefixes that can't be aggregated, unlike aggregatable PI/PA space.

I guess other enterprises see this the same way. They simply
want INTERNAL unique IP addresses with global reverse DNS
options, nothing less, nothing more.  They probably wont bother
to become LIR just for internal IP, their ISP(s) provide them
with their internet connectivity, and they can probably easy
justify to get PI if they want that.

RIPE hasn't caught up to ARIN yet, apparently. ARIN provides for direct PI assignments to end users with very minimal qualifications and no need to become an LIR (which get a /32 at minimum). /48 is the minimum direct assignment size, and while you do have to "justify" a shorter prefix, all requests are approved. Ebay, for instance, just got a /41. And, while there's a nontrivial fee for the initial assignment, the annual maintenance (regardless of how large the block is) is only $100/yr. I doubt your central authority is going to charge less than that for 10,000+ distinct blocks.

AfriNIC, I've read, has a similar policy except that the prefix must be advertised publicly within one year; ARIN has no requirement that the prefix _ever_ be advertised.

I do not see a requirement to pass ULA-C/G merely because some RIRs have failed to meet their respective communities' needs. If you're unhappy with what RIPE offers, either show up and propose policy changes or (less-preferred) route around the failure and get space from ARIN.

Stephen Sprunk      "Those people who think they know everything
CCIE #3723         are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
K5SSS --Isaac Asimov