On Jul 19, 2007, at 17:36, James Carlson wrote:
Iljitsch van Beijnum writes:

But apparently nobody feels responsible for the thing as a whole. My conclusion is that if you want to do IPv6 over PPP, you should run IPv4 over PPP and then tunnel the IPv6 over IPv4. Anything else only leads to headaches.

... and that sounds like FUD. Many of us have been using IPv6 over PPP for years, without the sorts of "headaches" you're talking about.

It might be worth noting here the reason that Apple AirPort Extreme 802.11n base stations have a patch to their PPPoE stacks to prevent negotiation of IP6CP.

Some PPPoE access concentrators in service with ISP's today refuse to negotiate IPCP properly if IP6CP is also attempted. Rather than work around that failurage, we just disable native IPv6 over PPPoE, and we tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 just like Mr. van Beijnum suggests. We are unaware of any commercial IPv6 over PPPoE service providers today, and nobody has filed any bugs against the AirPort base station regarding this decision.

--
james woodyatt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
member of technical staff, communications engineering