> I wonder if ISATAP needs to be included here.

I am sort of still wondering this, too. But, see below and
also Suresh's follow-up message.

> It was my understanding that you
> cannot use non-ISATAP IIDs on ISATAP virtual links,

Correct.

> and that ISATAP IIDs had no particular meaning on non ISATAP links.

Also correct, which is why I tried to convince Suresh that their
inclusion in his list was not necessary.

> Or perhaps, is the intent merely to avoid human confusion?

AFAICT, this would be the one reason for including the IIDs
in Suresh's list. Maybe there is still some potential issue
for mis-configuration here that would warrant keeping them
on the list?

Fred
[EMAIL PROTECTED]