All,

>Alain,
>
>Durand, Alain wrote:
>>
>>> The working group's work items are as follows:
>>>
>>>     o Shepherd completion of standardization of RA Flags Option
>>>     o Shepherd completion of standardization of the RH0 Deprecation
>> document
>>>     o Complete documentation/standardization of IPv6 over PPP
>> Compression Negotiation
>>>     o Complete work on Centrally Allocated Unique Local Addresses
>> (ULA-C)
>>
>> Considering ULA as a core IPv6 protocol is a hard sell.
>>

>I personally am not considering ULA a core protocol.  However, the work
>on ULA (whatever the outcome) needs a home.

I agree that ULA-C "needs a home" but disagree the IPv6 Maintenance WG is it,
given:

* the first paragraph of the proposed charter:

"The sole purpose of this group is in the maintenance of the core
IPv6 protocol specifications and *not* in the development of new
solutions or changes to the specifications.."

&& at least one of the group chairs doesn't consider it to be a core protocol,

&& at least one of the group chairs doesn't see group consensus on ULA-C,

&& there are other group members who don't see group consensus on ULA-C,

&& we haven't heard from any group members who do see group consensus on ULA-C,

&& "Complete work" is meant to be predicated upon group consensus

I'd say it should be removed from the charter.

>Regards,
>Brian

Best Regards,

Tim Enos