Jari,

Wrt to this point you raised snipped in quotes below, please see our
response:

"In any case, my big question is to what extent you are (a) making an
implementation error less likely by emphasizing and reformulating rules
that 2461bis already has or (b) making some actual new, tighter rules. I
think most of it falls under category (a). Is there some that are in
(b)?"

In the -02 version of our I-D, we are not making any new rule over what
has not been already specified in 2461bis or 2462bis. This is subject to
everyone agreeing with our interpretation of 2461bis. So yes, I believe
our rules fall only under (a) above. As for question marks on any text
in our I-D, so far only Jinmei and Vlad Yasevitch have reviewed our I-D.
Vlad reviewed the complete -01 version of our I-D. We closed all issues
in -01 with him in the -02 version - he can correct me if I am mistaken.
Jinmei reviewed only the portion of our -00 and/or -01 I-D that proposed
changes to 2462bis. We have also closed any question marks with him on
his review - he wanted us to back off forcing older host implementations
to change for skipping DAD - we did back off.

As to the extent of our clarification, I don't think the IPv6 community
or the RFC's were clear on how to specify off-link in RA. We found
passing references to off-link behavior in one paragraph of a general
section 3.1 in 2461bis - we mention this paragraph in section 2.1 of our
I-D. Then we found one paragraph in section 6.3.4 of 2462bis where
off-link behavior was implied. Since off-link has been specified by
2461bis as the opposite of on-link, we are saying even on-link is not
clearly specified in some cases. Therefore, it's not just stricter
language and reformatting of rules that is the output of our I-D.
2461bis does not have ANY clear rules to specify off-link - it's just
text buried in some paragraph that one has to interpret as off-link
behavior. I have gone into enough details in emails as to why specifying
on- vs. off-link is key to ND because that affects whether a host
performs address resolution or send traffic to default router. Incorrect
host behavior leads to loosing network connectivity in an aggregation
router network.

As per your guideline, here is our plan moving forward for the two
documents. We are basically breaking up our I-D into two new documents
where none of the two new documents will include sections 5 and 6 from
our existing I-D - these section relate to proposed changes to 2461bis
and 2462bis respectively.

1. We will put together a document that collects the implementation
guidance/clarified rules regarding on/off link behavior - this document
will include sections 2-4 of our current I-D. This document makes sense
to be on Standards Track or be a BCP.

2. We will put together a second document that collects other
implementation experience. This document will follow a format as
specified in section 7 of our I-D. This document makes sense to be on
Informational track. Anyone is welcome to send us logs of key ND bugs to
add to this document.

Best Regards.

Hemant