Jason,

I haven't been following the RH0 deprecation discussion quite as closely as you have, but it seems to me that your concerns would best be addressed by creation of a new RH option to support a safer form of source routing. My understanding is that RH0 is a lot like directed broadcast (smurf amp), in that if you can find two networks that support RH0, and ISP(s) in the middle that allow it, that opens up a DoS vector. As a result, I think everyone needs to discard RH0 packets, and that the ability to ignore (pass-through) source-routed packets would best be implemented with a new RH option with tighter security.

I guess that makes me #17 in favor of option #1.

-Scott