On Aug 30, 2007, at 10:20 AM, Arnaud Ebalard wrote:

As soon as you have a _precise_ use and expected users for that, sure,
i'll continue the discussion. Now, i let Thomas and Itojun keep asking
for concrete uses. I consider i have already spent enough time asking
many times the same simple questions without getting any precise
answer:

                 Who will use it? How? What for?

In your opinion, is it sufficient to describe potential uses of an IPv6 source routing mechanism? Or is it also necessary to have the commitment of a large organization / commercial entity who intends to deploy IPv6 source routing in a specific timeframe and according to a specific use? There is no intended sarcasm imbedded in this question - I think it is a real and valid question which partly determines how innovation can occur in the Internet.

I have been advocating a mechanism that is general and allows for a variety of potential uses. This is the nature of RH0 - and I see RH4 / RHx as the "safer" replacement for RH0. In your opinion, is this an acceptable approach, or would you only support a RHx that is tailored to a specific use case?

Thanks,
Dow