Subject: Re: [RRG] Re: [RAM] Tunneling overheads and fragmentation
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:23:06 -0700
From: Dino Farinacci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Brian E Carpenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: Gert Doering <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Robin Whittle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,        RRG
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I just re-read RFC 2460 section 5. Admittedly things are less
clear for IPv4, but it seems clear that IPv6 senders should not
exceed 1280 bytes (pre-encapsulation) unless they have succeeded
in discovering a larger path MTU.

Nice to hear some good news for a change.  ;-)

Thanks,
Dino