Erik and Sandeep,

Have a look at RFC 4861 (it obsoletes RFC 2461).  The use of the Router
Lifetime variable is clarified:

Router Lifetime
                     16-bit unsigned integer.  The lifetime associated
                     with the default router in units of seconds.  The
                     field can contain values up to 65535 and receivers
                     should handle any value, while the sending rules
in
                     Section 6 limit the lifetime to 9000 seconds.  A
                     Lifetime of 0 indicates that the router is not a
                     default router and SHOULD NOT appear on the
default
                     router list.  The Router Lifetime applies only to
                     the router's usefulness as a default router; it
                     does not apply to information contained in other
                     message fields or options.  Options that need time
                     limits for their information include their own
                     lifetime fields.

Best Regards,

Jeffrey Dunn
Info Systems Eng., Lead