Example.  Bad guy psychopath (medical definition) is able to shut off ones
lights or security lighting system comes outside of the through window one did
not expect gets in and is 6'8" tall 260 lbs and solid muscle (no fat) and not a
nice person :--).  Clearly extreme but some want security for the extreme case
and do we not want to design for the extreme case too and does the extreme
point to a significant or common case?  I think if we ask this question what
comes back is quite useful.

/jim