While we are at this discussion, I need a few clarifications on how the
deployments will get impacted. I've put forth my understanding on how things
would be. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

1) Is there a way for a IPv6 client to distinguish between a authoritative RA
vs non-authoritative RA? I guess not but I may be wrong. I refer to an
unauthorized host sending out RA to be non-authoritative RA.

2) In an enterprise-level deployments, IPv6 deployments will typically happen
on top of existing subnet segmentation which was driven by IPv4 subnet
logistics. If this being the case, expecting RA to be configured by the network
administrator on each one of the routers sounds to be a management nightmare.

3) RA-based address assignment is typically meant for scenarios over fewer
subnets (like public hotspots/ISPs?) wherein requiring another infrastructure
server (like DHCPv6 stateful server) will be a overkill.

Based on the above, it sounds better to NOT have M/O bit to control. They can
act as a hint but how well a client can make a decision based on the hint if it
cannot say for sure if the RA received is from some authoritative router or
not? It would be rather obscure for a client to decide between misconfigured vs
an unauthorized host sending RA.

Thanks
Kadir