Hi,

At least latest 3GPP specifications support solely SLAAC and stateless
DHCPv6, so DHCPv6 for stateful address autoconfiguration is currently
not supported per latest 3GPP standard at all (see chapter 5.3.1.1 at
3GPP 23.401
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/23_series/23.401/23401-830.zip ):
--cut--
Both EPS network elements and UE shall support the following mechanisms:
  a. IPv4 address allocation via default bearer activation, if IPv4 is
supported.
  b. /64 IPv6 prefix allocation via IPv6 Stateless Address
autoconfiguration according to RFC 4862 [18], if IPv6 is supported;

Furthermore, the Protocol Configuration Options may be used during
bearer activation to configure parameters which are needed for IP
address allocation.

Both EPS network elements and UE may support the following mechanisms:
  a. IPv4 address allocation and IPv4 parameter configuration after the
attach procedure via DHCPv4 according to RFC 2131 [19] and RFC 4039
[25];
  b. IPv6 parameter configuration via Stateless DHCPv6 according to RFC
3736 [20].
--cut--

Therefore there's no problem for a host to think how to configure its
IPv6 address - only single way is supported.

The host to always having guaranteed /64 bit prefix on 3GPP access is
also advantageous for network connection sharing use-cases, as the host
can simply act as a ND proxy. If the host would be using DHCPv6 and get
just a single /128 IPv6 address, how the host could then share the
connection for other devices (like laptop) in LAN behind the host? By
utilizing DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation - but is it guaranteed that a host
using DHCPv6 for address configuration _always_ can ask also for a
prefix from DHCPv6 server with DHCPv6 PD? By acting as bridge - but what
if the hosts in the LAN do not support stateful DHCPv6?

Best regards,

        Teemu