Hello, Teemu.

A few comments are added below.

2008/10/23  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> Used link-layer does have an impact: on cellular networks the link-layer is
> nowadays most often opened on-demand (i.e. when an application starts), or
> quickly reopened e.g. if network connection is temporarily lost for any
> reason. In the future always-on connectivity becomes more commonplace than it
> is today, but temporal connection failures may remain in game.. So, when a
> connection is (re-)opened, IPv6 address needs to be obtained as quickly as
> possibly for the reasons of good user experience (user is waiting for
> something to happen..). Often the connection is trusted point-to-point
> connection, so there is no risk of spoofed RAs. As user is waiting, there is
> no time to start guessing whether DHCP is available or not, but address will
> be configured by fastest means available - currently by sending RS
> immediately when link layer gets up to ensure fastest possible retrieval of
> RA.

If delay time for address configuration is crucial for user, how about
DNS or other configuration informations? Are those informations
provisioned through stateless DHCPv6? Now, I guess that stateless
DHCPv6 is initiated right after the first RA is received with O flag
set to 1. Is this delay acceptable for your environment?

Joseph