On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Daniel Park wrote:
I would make a minor change according to the valuable comments from the WiMAX expert:

There are two ways to transfer IPv6 over WiMAX:
- IPv6 over WiMAX using IPCS: RFC5121
- IPv6 over Ethernet carried over WiMAX: AD Evaluation (ID Status)

So.

4.X IP version 6 over WiMAX - RFC 5121

Nodes supporting IPv6 via IPCS over WiMAX networks MUST implement

"Transmission of IPv6 via the IPv6 Convergence Sublayer over IEEE 802.16 Networks" [RFC 5121].

This is almost like a tautology. What use is having this kind of statements in an RFC? If someone needs to implement IPv6 using IP convergence Sublayer on a WIMAX network and already knows of RFCs, (s)he can certainly find the RFC without such a reference here.

A statement is much more useful if it actually conveys some new information. Such as providing guidance (or links to guidance) on when one should choose WiMAX using IPCS or Ethernet-adapation, or possibly some third (or fourth) option.

I'll note that while the current node requirements lists some IPv6 L2 adaptation mechanisms, the list is not complete, and I don't think it needs to be complete.