Dear 6MANers,

May I comment on two things about rfc2464 IPv6 over EThernet.

4.  Stateless Autoconfiguration

I think a better title for this would be "Forming an IID for Ethernet".
 Because that's what the majority of the text of the section describes.

And because it sounds too much as "Stateless Address Autoconfiguration"
described in rfc4862, which is much more than just forming an IID, and
has message exchanges.

   An IPv6 address prefix used for stateless autoconfiguration [ACONF]
   of an Ethernet interface must have a length of 64 bits.

I disagree with this. There's an implementation of SLAAC over Ethernet whose prefix can be shorter than 64 and works ok. I suppose there's at least another similar implementation.

Any thoughts on these two aspects?

Thanks,

Alex