2009/12/21 Christian Huitema <huit...@microsoft.com>

> > If WKP(64:FF9B::/96) is the consensus, it better to state clearly that
> WKP should not apply U/G requirements in the
> > draft, right?
>
> The U/G bits in 64:FF9B::/96 are set to zero, so there is no need for an
> exception.

This is not an exception. This is a right way to compatible with RFC4291.
There are no restrains to set U/G bits in 64:FF9B::/96 to zero. We even
could set U/G bit to 1, as long as WKP maintains checksum neutral.

> > How about this:  "When using a /96 prefix, except the WKP that start with
> the binary
> > value 000, the administrators MUST ensure that the bits 64 to 71 are set
> to zero."
>
> Except this requirement applies to "administrators", who cannot
> legitimately obtain a prefix in ::/8. These prefixes can only be defined by
> IETF action.

Does this requirement only apply to the NSP that administrators can
legitimately obtain
?

--Gang