Hi,

I'm generally happy with the changes.

However, I am slightly bothered by this:

   For URIs, [RFC3986] MUST be followed.

RFC 3986 allows any syntax that conforms to its BNF, and for
IPv6 literals, that BNF implements RFC 3513 (the predecessor
of RFC 4291). If you strictly obey the sentence quoted above,
URIs are therefore not limited to the new canonical form.
I think the sentence needs to be a bit more explicit:

   For URIs containing IPv6 address literals, [RFC3986] MUST
   be followed, as well as the rules in this document.

Nit: [RFC3986] needs to be moved to the Normative References.

   Brian