Le 18 févr. 2010 à 04:34, Brian E Carpenter a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> This may seem a bit unexpected, but after working on draft-carpenter-flow-ecmp
> (just updated) and working with my student Qinwen Hu on some aspects
> of the flow label, it seemed like time for another look at the flow
> label standard, and Sheng Jiang was having similar thoughts.
>
> We'd like to discuss this in Anaheim if possible.
>
>    Brian

+1 for this proposal.

In fact I made a very similar proposal in May 2008(ref
www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/behave/current/msg03773.html).

Now, if some new specific behavior is retained for flow-label values that don't
have to be preserved e2e, like that proposed by Mark Smith , I would suggest
that, to leave freedom for the future, this would again be limited to a subset
of flow label values (e.g. first two bits = 11).

Regards,
RD