Brian, Sheng,

The proposal seems nicely stabilized as regards the MSB=0 case.
IMHO though, more than proposed so far could be done concerning the MSB=1 case.

In sec 3, instead of "If the MSB of the flow label is 1, the remaining 19 bits
MAY obey a locally defined set of rules and those bits MAY be changed en
route", we could have:
"If the MSB of the flow label is 1, the remaining 19 bits MAY obey a different
defined set of rules. Each such set will have to be identified by a specific
value of the 3 bits that follow the MSB."

We therefore:
- avoid to exclude some new rule sets that would apply end to end;
- prevent that some new rule set would take for itself all possible values
having MSB = 1.

Sorry to have this a little late, but better late than never, right?

RD