On Thu, 27 May 2010, Parav Pandit wrote:

I don't know on which vlan the destination link-local address is.

Well, you pretty much know that to send packets to it. A link-local address is not just an address, you need to provide what interface you're referring to. It's of local signifance only.

1. As a user am I supposed to do ping6 on all of them one by one?

That is one way.

2. How does the TCP will work? Open #19 connections to the destination
link-local address with different scope id??
How does the application running on top of TCP stack know about the physical
interfaces of the system?

Basically this is not how you're supposed to use LL, that's why your questions doesn't really "compute". LL is address+interface, otherwise it's not complete.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se