Hi Miakel,

Thanks for your quick inputs.

Just confirming,

In that case how reliable is it to perform ping6 and use the
scope_id(=interface_id) during starting the TCP connection?
So that TCP connect() is done only once.

My understanding is,
RFC 4443 of ICMPv6 mandates ECHO request and response processing.
so I believe it should be o.k to rely on ping6 to get the right interface_id.

Regards,
Parav Pandit