Hi Parav,

>The IPv6 LL addresses are shared using out of band protocol which works more
>at upper layer agnostic of L2 properties and gives consolidated list of LL IP
>addresses for all the VLANs.

This is the part of your system that is broken.  Your out-of-band protocol
should not be taking the link-local addresses out of scope (i.e. losing track
of what link they are valid on).  Instead, it should either (a) should maintain
the corresponding link information somehow, or (b) use addresses that are valid
in that scope (i.e. global addresses).

Typically, any reasonable protocol that uses link-local addresses will learn
any peer's addresses by receiving packets from that peer on that particular
link.  The protocol will then keep both the link-local address *and* the
scope-id for that address for later use in contacting that peer.

You should never need to resort to trying all links to "find" the right one
that has a machine with an interface using that link-local address.  Such an
approach is very error-prone.  Since link-local addresses are only guaranteed
to be unique per link, you could have different machines on different VLANs
using the same link-local address, and the one you find first may not be the
intended machine.

--Brian

The IPv6 LL addresses are shared using out of band protocol which works more at
upper layer agnostic of L2 properties and gives consolidated list of LL IP
addresses for all the VLANs.

Parav