On Jun 10, 2010, at 11:35 AM, Erik Nordmark wrote:

When IPv6-in-IPv6 tunneling is used, what is the destination IP address in the outer header? Normally it would be the router that would strip the outer header and RH4. Is that the case here as well?

Yes, that is what we intended.

It wasn't clear to me whether you are proposing IPv6-in-IPv6 tunneling for packets that come in via a border router.

Not sure I'm clear on your use case, but the restrictions in the draft are intended to prohibit the case where an RH4 cross a RPL domain boundary. A RH4 may be added and/or removed at a border router, but it shouldn't process/maintain an existing RH4 across a RPL domain boundary.

--
Jonathan Hui