Hi Jeroen,

If I understand correctly the iana-ipv6 special registry is for recording the
use of 2001:000::/23 (RFC4773).  The documentation prefix falls outside this
range.  But it is covered by the statement ' Other special IPv6 addresses
requiring specific considerations for global routing are listed in [RFC5156].'
RFC5156 covers the documentation prefix.

It is mentioned in the footnotes of
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-unicast-address-assignments/ipv6-unicast-address-assignments.xml;
'[2] 2001:0DB8::/32 has been assigned as a NON-ROUTABLE range to be used for
documentation purpose [RFC3849].'

This is consistent with how the IPv4 documentation prefixes are recorded in
://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space/ipv4-address-space.xml

I suspect it is not covered individually as it is a sub allocation from an
APNIC allocation.

Similarly with
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-address-space/ipv6-address-space.xhtml, it
is a sub allocation from the Global Unicast block.

Bran.

--
Brandon Daly
Network Engineer, Zen Internet

Zen Internet PC Pro Best ISP award winner - seven years in a row!

Thank you to all of our customers for your continued support, especially to
those who took the time to vote for us.

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zeninternet

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in
error please notify us and remove it from your system.

Zen Internet Limited may monitor email traffic data and also the content of
email for the purposes of security, quality and training.

Zen Internet Limited is registered in England and Wales
Sandbrook Park, Sandbrook Way, Rochdale OL11 1RY
Company No. 03101568
VAT Reg No. 686 0495 01