Hi Brian,

Don Sturek, chair for the ZigBee Alliance IPv6 standardization.

We are using both the drafts (draft-hui-6man-rpl-headers and
draft-ietf-6man-rpl-routing-header) for our interoperability testing.  Here
is some background:
1)  We have 9 implementing companies all doing non-storing ROLL RPL using
downward routing
2)  We started interop testing in January 2010, meet every month and have
been testing downward routing for around 4 months
3)  We have not run into any issues (we have contact with Jonathan Hui and
JP so may have let them  know of any issues but I don't recall them).  I can
send you one of our recent interop reports under our ZigBee-IETF liaison
agreement if you are interested.

We would be interested in seeing these drafts move forward in the WG.  We
think they are essential to implementing non-storing ROLL RPL.  By the way,
our target deployment is for Smart Metering applications in the home area
network.  I added Fred Baker who chairs the Smart Power group who is aware
of our work.

Sorry for not letting you know about this earlier.

Best,

Don Sturek
Chair, ZigBee Core Stack Working Group (responsible for standardization of
the "ZigBee IP")