On 2011-01-12 04:41, Yong Lucy wrote:

>>> [LY] Statistical approach works well under the consumption that there
>> are
>>> thousands of flows and they have the similar rates. Today's Internet may
>>> have the flows that only have few packets and the flows that have
>> thousands
>>> packets per second and last long. Hash does not work well under this
>>> condition.
>> In fact no solution works well for short flows and the problem isn't
>> important
>> for long flows with few packets. So I think it's OK to discuss a solution
>> that works for long flows with many packets, since that covers most
>> of the load.
>
> [LY] Hash works well for short flows.

Lucy, I wrote carelessly - really I was thinking about stateful solutions
involving a hash, that are simply not worth the overhead for short flows
("short" to me means maybe 5 or 10 packets at most. Yes, a stateless
solution can work for short flows, whether it's round-robin or hash
based.

For the rest, Fred and Shane have covered the discussion, and I don't
see that it affects the draft.

    Brian