Several of these comments have a common theme of requiring domains to remark flow-labels on ingress. While we have agreed to allow remarking of packets with 0 values in their flow label, expecting repeated remarking seems to me a very bad idea. Basically, if we do that, then I expect that most routers will simply assume that the flow label is useless, since we can not expect peering scale routers to remark the flow label of packets based on deep packet inspection. Also, in many cases, as described in other documents, such re-marking is effectively impossible.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern