Pekka Savola <pek...@netcore.fi> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011, Thomas Narten wrote:
>>>This message starts a 6MAN Working Group Last Call on advancing:
>>
>>>     Title           : IPv6 Node Requirements RFC 4294-bis
>>>     Author(s)       : E. Jankiewicz, et al.
>>>     Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-node-req-bis-07.txt
>
> I have reviewed this document.
>
> The most important omission is that RFC4294 changelog is not up-to-date.
> This gives a good overview on what has changed and it needs to convey
> accurate information.

   Comparing bis-07 to RFC 4294, the number of changes begins to boggle...

   I strongly concur with Pekka that this document needs a single
"changes from 4294" section.

   And, seeing as 4294 will be five years old by the time 4294-bis is
published, I'd suggest adding to that section a note on where to look
for "pending" changes over the next five years. ;^)

   (BTW, I remain confused on what happened to 5.2.1 of 4294 "Managed
Address Configuration". Hopefully that will become clearer with a
single "changes since 4294" section.)

   (I suppose this means I volunteer to help draft such a section, but
to tell truth I'm not sure where to start!)

--
John Leslie <j...@jlc.net>