From: TJ
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 9:50 AM
To: huabing yu
Subject: Re: draft-yhb-6man-slaac-improvement-00

Let me play devil's advocate:

What problem are you really trying to solve?  Have you balanced the perceived
value of the fix with the impact of implementing such (especially vendor
responsibilities and user expectations!)?

Why would a site receive such a short prefix/block? (Aside from gross failure
in planning, that is.)

Regarding "no right" - is that like saying we have "no right" to require 49 bit
MACs?  Also, as you say it atleast twice - are you sure the IETF doesn't
actually have the right?

Also, /s/detect/defect ... And note that this is a perceived defect, which most
implementations don't see as a real problem.  Oh, and "scream" - really?

Thanks, TJ's Droid2 ... Pls excuse the top-posting.