Some of my clients operate pretty large enterprise networks.
Within those networks, they want to avoid using the so-called
"privacy IPv6 addresses" because of requirements (e.g. the US
HIPAA law) to be able to audit their network, including
auditing precisely which devices are present.

IPv6 SLAAC works fine for this, provided that the so-called
IPv6 privacy addresses are not used.  DHCPv6 also could work,
but has substantial deployment costs, including recurring
operational costs, making it a visibly more expensive
deployment approach than SLAAC.

So at least some of my enterprise network clients would be
very interested in seeing a SLAAC flag be created to inform
end systems that the so-called IPv6 privacy addresses
are NOT to be used with a given routing-prefix advertised
via IPv6 RA messages.

So I think it would be valuable for the WG to explore
the ideas of this I-D.  The document itself is clearly
not yet mature, however.

1) The "Introduction" of this I-D needs additional editorial
   work to clarify the broader range of reasons (some examples
   are provided above) why this flag might be useful within
   some IPv6 deployments.

2A) The "Security Considerations" needs to include a thorough
   and serious discussion of the differences in user privacy
   expectations between corporate/enterprise network deployments
   and home/residential network deployments.

2B) Within home/residential deployments, use of privacy
   addressing ought NOT be disabled operationally because there
   is a reasonable expectation of privacy when a user is on
   his/her home/residential network.  This advice needs to be
   clearly documented within this I-D in the Security Considerations
   section.

One last thing.  A number of my clients have a very crisp perception
that the ongoing IETF IPv6 WG activity to add/change specifications
means that "IPv6 is NOT yet ready to deploy operationally".

I think this perception is pretty widespread.  Reducing the rate
of change/addition to the IPv6 specification set generally would be
helpful to encouraging IPv6 deployment.  I'm not suggesting zero
changes/additions, but instead suggesting that the WG carefully
consider whether a proposed change/addition is really useful and
whether it needs to be undertaken now/soon as part of considering
each proposed change/addition to the IPv6 specifications.
A lower rate of change/addition will tend to speed IPv6 deployment,
in my estimation.

Yours,

Ran