On Mar 4, 2011, at 10:55 AM, RJ Atkinson wrote:

> As with audits of financial records, perfection is not required,
> but a certain confidence interval IS desired/required/needed.

It seems to me that proper accounting of which hosts are using what IPv6
addresses is probably better achieved by enhancing routers with the capability
to journal their neighbor discovery cache insertions to a secure repository for
offline review.  That combined with authorization logs from EAPOL ought to
provide sufficient confidence for most civilian audits.  Am I missing something?

--
james woodyatt <j...@apple.com>
member of technical staff, core os networking