On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, sth...@nethelp.no wrote:

*What netmask should the client use for the received address* in this
case?

When we tested this, it used /128 which is the only sane behaviour I can see.

The only obvious alternatives I can think of are /64 and /128, since
the IA_NA address doesn't include a prefix length. Can anybody point
me to RFCs which describe this?

I think the RFC I quoted already says this, if you don't get an on-link prefix, you're not allowed to make up an on-link prefix. If you get an address, you get that single address, nothing else.

Thus the behaviour I've seen is correct, you end up with a /128 pointing to yourself and a default route pointing to the router LL address, nothing else.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se