> > Why would you find it acceptable to have the ISP assign you the complete
> > address e.g. with DHCP, then?
>
> In the context of a user requiring privacy protection, it isn't acceptable.
> As far as I know, what the ISP will assign is a prefix; the individual
> host addresses are locally assigned by the CPE.

Or the host could be connected to a bridge, and assigned a /128 using
DHCPv6 IA_NA (RFC 3315).

As an ISP: I would *prefer* to require each customer to have a router,
and assign a /56 using DHCPv6 IA_PD. However, the reality is that many
customers today are using a PC behind a bridge, and such customers
would then be assigned a /128.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sth...@nethelp.no