I rather like the thought that each BMW will need its own BGP4
advertisement. Boeing tried that for a while with airplanes, and
it didn't work out too well.
BGP is overkill :-)  I thought the problem with the Boeing service was largely
financial, their BGP based technical solution did work.  At least the number of
commercial airplanes isn't too large a number.

They could use a fixed car address and use mobile IPv6 with a provider based
address.
This is what the intend to do:

Slides presented at the ITU Fully Networked Car Workshop may be of interest to you.

 Convergence of car connectivity

Bernadette Villeforceix (Orange) and Stéphane Petti (Orange)

http://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-t/oth/06/41/T06410000700002PDFE.pdf

Regards,
Thierry Ernst.
Bob